Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Friday, April 30, 2010

Gratitude

People say I'm positive,
It's my attitude.
I confess but I prefer
To say it's gratitude,
That's the word that fits it best.

I'm just forever thankful
For all I have surrounding me,
For if gratitude is just
Positive attitude, then what
You believe, becomes reality.
 
When people strive for nothing else,
but wealth and acquisitions...
They give up simple pleasures
just to satisfy ambitions.

Happiness cannot be bought,
as many can attest
Yet simple things, that still are free,
provide pleasure the best.

A sunrise full of color,
warm breeze upon the face
The diamonds of a morning dew
all have their special place.

The music of a songbird
at evening whippoorwill
The rainbow after the storm is past
can make the heart stand still.

Life's greatest pleasures all around,
a bit of time their cost
yet people tend to hurry past
So beauty is all lost.

Too busy running down life's road,
that seems to have no end
Take time to look around you
while there is time, my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails