Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

India thrash southafrica in gwalior on feb 24 2010


A comprehensive victory for India after a record-breaking effort from Sachin Tendulkar. de Villiers put up a fight but after those early wickets, any hopes of a repeat of that miracle chase against Australia were erased. India have won the series 2-0, but the talk of the town is that knock from Tendulkar. We'll have him talking soon in the presentation ceremony so stay tuned.
An excited Ravi Shastri's the man at the presentation. There's a huge panel he has to introduce before the proceedings can get underway.
Kallis: "The toss was quite vital. Our basics were just weren't good enough today. We were outplayed. We lost wickets at crucial stages, or basics let us down. A fantastic innings by Sachin; he took advantage of some good conditions and he played superbly. We let us down in some areas."
Dhoni: "Once Viru got out it was important to get some runs. Dinesh and Sachin batted really well, they went on with his innings. We were eyeing 350 when they were going strong. But Sachin batted through the innings and he played really well, using the pace of the ball when he got tired. Yusuf was sent up the order and with the talent he's got, he can be a great asset to the side. I have changed my batting, but the situation demanded that kind [attacking] innings. The ground is a small one, and we were a bit worried about the dew factor. But once they lost 3-4 early wickets, it was difficult for them to get back into the game."
The Gwalior Division Cricket Association is gifting Sachin with a silver bat, a pavilion will be named in his honour on this ground and he'll also be paid Rs. Ten lakh for this performance.
Needless to say, he's the Man of the Match.
Tendulkar: "I don't know how to react. I'd like to dedicate this double-hundred to the people of India for standing behind me for the last 20 years throughout the ups and downs. I was striking the ball well, the ball was coming on nicely and the target I felt was a good one was around 340-350. Fantastic batting by Dinesh Karthik, Yusuf and MS. If you look at the partnerships, every over there was a big shot played. Yusuf changed the momentum and MS finished well. I felt that when I was 175-plus and it was the 42nd over I had a chance, but I wasn't actually thinking of it. It was only when I got closer to it that I thought about it.
I have done the best I have for the team; there have been a few bad decisions I have made as a batsman, but I have always thought the best for the team. The body held up well during the knock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails