Adsense

Adsense

Adsense

Friday, June 4, 2010

One of those moment

*Many years ago I was acting as the system administrator for a test system
in a large publicly held company. *
*Periodically I would receive a call from someone who had not accessed the
system recently, forgot their *
*password and locked themselves out trying to logon. I would look up their
password and unlock the system*
*for them and they would go on their merry way. One day I received a call
from a young lady who was in just *
*such a predicament. I looked up her password and informed her that it was
'DOME' and, just to be playful, *
*told her the price for me being gracious enough to unlock her sign-on was
an explanation of the meaning *
*of her password. She became very embarrassed over the phone and pleaded
that she could never reveal *
*her secret. I of course replied that I would not give her system access
until she did. After negotiating for *
*several minutes she finally acquiesced but made me promise to never reveal
her password meaning to *
*any of her colleagues to which I gladly agreed. "Well, what does it mean?"
I asked. *
**
*She hesitated and then replied, "It's two words." *
**
*There was pregnant pause. I unlocked her system and simply said, "Have a
nice day."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails